GET READY TO SHOW CHECKLISTRemember the 60-second rule: That’s all the time you have to create a winning ﬁrst impression. Here are some simple to signiﬁcant ways to maximize your home’s appeal.
INTERIOR* Clean all light ﬁxtures and ceiling fans.
* Shampoo carpets.
* Repair all plumbing leaks, including faucets and drain traps.
* Make minor repairs (torn screens, sticking doors, cracked caulking).
* Clean or paint walls and ceilings.
* Replace broken tiles.
* Replace worn countertops.
*Buy new towels for bathrooms.
* Buy new bedding for bedrooms.
* Make sure closets are organized.
* Remove excessive wall hangings and knick-knacks.
EXTERIOR* Store water hoses and other miscellaneous garden items.
* Sweep leaves and remove all yard clutter.
* Weed and apply fresh mulch to ﬂower beds.
* Apply fresh stain or paint to wooden fences.
* Tighten and clean all door handles.
* Clean windows inside and out.
* Pressure wash home’s exterior- its important to have a clean driveway,siding,brick,etc.
* Stain or Paint the front door.
PREPARING YOUR HOUSE FOR A SHOWING* Turn on all the lights throughout the house.
* Open all drapes and shutters in the daytime.
* Play soft background music.
* Remove any new clutter in living areas,kitchen,bathroom and other areas.
* Remove personal information like school calendars, mail, etc..
* Remove and store small kitchen appliances and other items on kitchen! countertops, as well as bathroom countertops.
* Take out trash in all rooms/bathrooms/kitchen.
* Do not spray anything scented – this will turn off buyers if it is overwhelming.
* Evaluate the furniture in each room and remove anything that interrupts “the ﬂow” or makes the room appear smaller. Consider renting a storage unit.
* Secure pets in closed off area during showings.
* Vacate the property while it is being shown.
* Provide documents for the Welcome Book – survey,HOA docs,original manuals for appliances and special instructions for the home to the buyers.