We can assist in exploring all financing possibilities with you and provide you with a list of lenders. Getting pre-approved by a local lender or mortgage broker is one of the first things you should do for many reasons. In Texas, a pre-approval letter is a prerequisite for serious consideration of your offer. Knowing the available loan amount will aid in determining how much you intend to spend on your home and which neighborhoods to consider.
Clients generally have an initial idea of what cities and neighborhoods appeal most to them. However, you should examine your criteria to determine the areas within the neighborhoods you feel are a good match. If you are not sure about what area, we can discuss what you are looking for in a neighborhood and recommend some great areas that fit your needs. We can also start you on our MLS property email alerts so you are the first to know as new properties hit the market.
BEGIN VIEWING HOMES
- Once you are ready to view homes,we will schedule a day to go out together and preview.
- Always be candid with us, it will help us understand your particular needs and desires and enable us to select homes you’ll want to see.
PREPARE THE OFFER
- We will provide you with a comparative market analysis on your choice of real estate and area in order to assist you in making an informed decision.
- We will go through the contract with you and help complete your offer.
- We are here to help strategize your offer to the seller, and negotiate on your behalf.
- Negotiations will proceed until both you and the seller agree on all terms and sign all documents. Documents will be sent to the title company where a file will be opened, and title commitment and property tax information ordered.
MAKE YOUR LOAN APPLICATION
Give your loan officer a copy of the contract and apply for the loan.
INSPECT THE PROPERTY
- Select an inspector and arrange for both a general inspection and wood-destroying insect inspection. We can provide a list of well and septic inspectors if needed.
- We can provide knowledge of environmental assessments, and will provide you with further information relevant to your home.
APPRAISAL AND SURVEY OF PROPERTY
- The lender and title company will make arrangements for the property appraisal and survey.
- You will be provided with a copy of the Title Commitment Letter.
- We will arrange a closing date and time with the title company.
- You will receive a copy of the closing statement for review prior to closing.
- You will do a final walk-through of the property prior to closing.
- We will be present during the closing to guide you through the process and make sure everything goes as planned. By being present during the closing, we can mediate any last-minute issues that may arise. You will need to bring a cashier’s check for all closing costs and the balance of the down payment.
AFTER THE CLOSING
- Documents are sent to your loan company for approval and funds are disbursed.
- The title company receives and funds all money from the loan company. Payment of any accrued expenses in connection with the closing are due including taxes, attorney’s fees, professional real estate fees and title company fees.
- Legal documents will be recorded in the office of the county clerk and mailed to you.
- The title company prepares and issues the title policy, and will then send it to you and the loan company.
IT’S NOW TIME TO ENJOY YOUR NEW HOME! 🙂